Greetings Second Sound Fans, Demo Artists, Current and Future Customers!
I am happy to report that I have finalized the re-design of my DACO160EVK with a more ergonomic layout, extra features, and — best of all — in a sturdy aluminum enclosure! This will be a consumer product which I have tentatively named the UniSyn, short for Universal Audio to Synth Interface.
The UniSyn employs the same pitch and envelope tracking technology of its prototype predecessor, converting audio from any monophonic source to CV and MIDI. The UniSyn also creates a dedicated sine wave as well as filtered square or sawtooth waves which can be optionally pitch-shifted over a +/-2 octave range with semitone resolution.
I should mention that the images shared here are 3D models only but my prototypes are in fabrication and my target is to start shipping this product in November 2020.
The new features include:
- 24v Phantom Power
- Firmware upgrades/modifications available via SD card
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for the input preamp
- A new analog 3:1 input compression mode that works together with the AGC to make the synth dynamics really “pop”
- 1/4″ jack sustain pedal interface
- And, of course, what turned out to be my most requested feature while I was selling the DACO160EVK units — a high-quality aluminum enclosure